Wednesday 5 May 2010

UFO updates and a little finish or two :)

hi folks , hope this finds you all well and not suffering form any colds etc that seem to be springing up around here atm due to the inclement weather. doesn't know whether the sun wants to shine or rain pour down on me :(.
well i've been rather busy stitching on my UFO "The Castle " by TW  this last week and i thought i'd show you my progress ... i seemed to have been merrily stitching away and not got very far till i actually looked at my last pic of where i had got up to and now i can see that the hard work has paid off and no MR Frog yipppppppeeee !!!! so here is an update picture :) i can't wait to start on the dragon and am almost there on the chart :)
I've also finished a ufo that i started in December last year hoping to get it done for Christmas but sadly life as it does got in the way but it is now ready to hang for this year after a wee pressing and a bit of ribbon n beads to hang from it .I've got a snowman to do that will hang opposite (once stitched .lol)  on my fireplace.






I decided i wanted a break from doing something large so i picked a humbug design that was designed by Val of the friendly stitcher's and had a go ... i stitched it on Polstitches hand dyed fabric called Dragon shades which i received in an exchange a few years ago and thought ooooo i know what would look good on this hahahaha so here it is :) and i've started another two and my MIL now wants one ;) I've stuffed it with wadding and lavender from my garden that i dried last year :) and it is now hanging on my wardrobe door:)

I thought you also might like to see the finished result of my youngest dd's room which is now apparently the best room in our little mouse house ..lol. One down a few more to go ..lol. I asked her if she would do it again and said "i'm going to get a professional decorator in next time it was sooo hard ..lol" well hopefully she will use her new found skills sometime in the future :)
well i think that this is all my news for now so i shall sign off.  t.t.f.n 
take care one and all and squeak to you all soon :) xxxxxx


5 comments:

Jo said...

Great progress on your UFO, I love the humbug. Your DDs wallpaper is lovely, not as easy as it looks as she's found out! Just decorated DD room, luckily only paint as she's 2 :-)

Lynn Bourke said...

Lovely progress on The Castle! Your humbug and Santa are cute, too!

Julie said...

Well done mouse, great progress, thats the beauty of photos, you never think you are progressing until you compare photos! Love the humbug, are they French knot flowers?

cheers
Julie in Australia

Mouse said...

hi all :) thanks for the lovely comments *blush* and yes Julie they are french knots supposed to be lavender ..lol and the others are lasy daisy flowers with french knot centres:) i've got another one almost finished and one half done in the same fabric so they will all match in my bedroom :)
hehehe i would come if i could DJ but no passport !!! love mouse xxxx

Miche said...

Progress on The Castle is looking great well done and even better you had no visits from the frog lol, the santa and humbug are realli cute aswell well done xxx