Friday 5 November 2010

All sorts of everything

Hi Folks well all I can say is it has been very busy round here ,,, some very low bits and some good bits and some even scary bits too ......
my beloved  Bracken


I will firstly get the low bits done as I'm still very saddened by the loss of my dear furbaby Bracken my beautiful springer spaniel who we had had since he was 9 weeks old and he was my constant companion till we had to let him go to the rainbow bridge to be with his son Monty at the grand old age of 14 years and 3 mths old ...... this picture was taken just around his birthday in July this year ....


we then decided it was time to move so we have put the mouse house up for sale as it seems far to big now and I'm rattling around on it on my own during the day .... we have decided not to get another furbaby as my heart is broken into a thousand pieces and I am not really fit enough to deal with a pup :(
So  we have put the house onto the market to see if we get a sale to down grade to a smaller property literally down the road, so keep all fingers crossed  that we manage it :)


On the stitching front I have made a humbug for Denise in our stitching exchange on the Friendly Stitchers  so here is mine to her and her's to me .... 










mine to Denise
Denise's to me







I have then been busy getting things ready for the christmas ornament exchanges and also making an ornament for the Ward where one of our members of the Friendly stitchers spent a lot of her time on before she sadly passed away just before her birthday. Alison Joy was the original wielder of the Wet Noodle before passing it over to me ,earlier on in the year . She will be sadly missed by all those who knew her.

Alison Joy ornament
A group of us from the friendly stitcher are going to the Knitting and stitching show at Harrogate at the end of the month, we are making a weekend of it and staying in a hotel near by and I am looking forward to meeting some new faces and stash fondling and the occasional purchase or two ..lol ..... we have decided to do an ornament swap so being the good little mouse mine is all done and finished ready for it :) It has already been oooo'd and aaahhh'd over and I wan'ts it ..lol  so here it is :)
Harrogate swap
And now onto the scary bit ...... DD Jo decided this year she wanted to throw a Halloween party and went all out with the decorations and food and drink..... we all got dressed up and had a FABULOUS time  so here are a few pics of the night beware there is a squeamish one !!!!

my beautiful kitchen

the three amigo's

think I need to dust in here !!!

and here ..lol

bubble bubble

My bath is finally not this colour !!!

actually the loo roll :)

Scary prisoner
OOOO thought you might like to see the latest "Do" done for me by the youngest DD :)
side view


from the back





















So this is it for now folks I am busy working on my UFO's and hope to have an update on the Celtic Autumn for you soon as well as my dragon and also doing a few exchange pieces in the meantime....
so I shall bid you tootles and will squeak to you all soon, hopefully with more news on the moving front and definitely on the stitching front.
take care one and all 
love mouse xxxxxx

5 comments:

Gillie said...

First off, I was so sad not to meet dear Bracken but glad he is out of pain now. The humbugs are beeeyoootuful, well done both. Add my name to them as wants your Hgate ornament! Fingers crossed on the house sale (are you still not letting anyone use the towels in the bathroom, lol?)!

Anonymous said...

Aww its so hard to deal with a loss of a furbaby hugsss but maybe when you are in a new place you will be ready again to open your heart to another.

DJ said...

*Hugs* I'm so sorry Mouse. It must be so different without Bracken's company. Maybe once you are in your new mouse house it will feel less lonely. Looks like you had a lovely Halloween party! You and your daughter are so creative! Your ornaments are lovely!! (Mine for the ward is in the mail as we speak!) I wish I were going to Harrogate so I could have a chance at yours for the exchange! I hope all you ladies have a lovely time. I'll be there in spirit! *Hugs*

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I'm so sorry for the passing of your dear fur baby, Bracken. Puppy kisses from Pixie and hugs from me. Best of luck in the sale of your home - and the purchase of a new one. You and the girls have a super time at the Harrogate show - I just KNOW you will.

Kathy said...

First let me say I am so sorry to read about your baby, Braken. My condolences. Don't rush to get another baby. You will know when the time is right to find a new baby.

Thank you for the comment on my blog anf the tip for sewing a straight line. :) I'll have to give it a try.