Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snow Joke !!!

Well here in the mouse house we are surrounded by the white stuff tons of it to say the least ... we have approximately 14 inches of it and it keeps on falling out of the sky in huge flakes......
I took some photos this morning ... DH cleared the path to the back door and the garage twice and its still covered :(
The good thing is DD no 2 and I managed to get lots of shopping in yesterday soooo we are ok for a few days being holed in ..lol 




 So here are a few pics for you to have a look at :) I have never seen soo many folks on our street out at the same time shovelling snow from the drives .. a pointless exercise today but I suppose it kept them warm hehehehehe ;)


well I personally snuggled under my blankie and got 
 on with some stitching ... I decided yesterday that I deserved a bit of for me stitching and started on the LHN needle book (one that I was given the other year) It has sheep,a little house and some trees on it ...I'm stitching it on a Polstitches evenweave called Chestnut and using the recommended threads and have made great inroads into it :) I would show you an update but the batteries have been taken out of the camera so that Super Mario can be played on the Wii !!!
                                                     




What is can show you is some little prezzies I made for  my fellow mods on my group Friendly stitchers ,I sat the week before stitching one ornament a day then spent the Sunday making them up, then I stitched a bag for Sandra on the Monday ... so my needles were flying rather fast just before Harrogate  as I wanted them to have them for then and I achieved this :)
For the mods clockwise, Ally, Gillie, Karen and Val 
 The bag for Sandra was a freebie chart * thanks* link  will be given once I find the owner/designer :)  but I made the bag pattern up by myself :)
Quilted bag for Sandra


Its now 9.30pm (uk) and its still snowing here soooo it definitely looks like another snow day tomorrow  so I think a sausage casserole in the slow cooker is in order to make tonight which will leave me more time to hopefully do a bit of stitching or make a start on the Christmas cards ooooo the choices ..lol
 I hope every one stays safe and warm and gets to have a bit of me time on their own snow days how ever you choose to spend it :)
Take care squeak to you all soon
                                                          love mouse xxxxx

4 comments:

hazel c UK said...

You seem to have more snow than we got. It has started to thaw already here so hopefully will all be gone by the morning. I had to make the same choice as you today and sadly the cards won at least they are out the way now and I can stitch with the knowledge that even thou the housework never got done at least the cards are ready for posting.
Hazel (UK)

Kathy said...

Great snow photos. You can keep it there thank you very much! LOL I know Rory would love it but I am so not ready to deal with shoveling the white stuff.

Love your stitching. It is all fabulous!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I do appreciate them.

Susimac said...

I love your stitching - thankyou for visiting me and leaving me a comment, Great snow pics too, we had a lot of the white stuff as well.

You sounded like you had a great time in Harrogate as ell, it was rather good this year I enjoyed the Saturday.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Now that IS a lot of snow! But... you're putting great use to it - stitching, and consuming great amounts of tea, I'm sure! All your stitching is so pretty, and your finishes are fab. Take care, and Happy Christmas to you and yours!