Monday 26 January 2015

Stitchy and craft room progress

Morning peeps :) well today this wee little mouse is having a sick day and staying home with Master Bentley for company ... think its something I have eaten blugh :(
any hooo this gives me a few mins grace to squeak to you all and keep you fortified in a cuppa and some goodies while I waffle along as per usual ...lol
I have been travelling to work and seen some glorious sun rise's these last few days / weeks ... and as always never have my camera on me or able to stop to take photos to show you all ... the sun's colours have been spectacular and there has been mist swirling around in the air just above the ground level .... 
they do say "Red sky at night is a Shepherds delight and a Red sky in the morning is a Shepherds warning " but  apart from a wee bit of snow we had so far sooo good ..lol 
I went for a wee drive to the bank on Friday and there were daffodils nodding in the gentle breeze that was about .. and its only the back end of January ... in fact two days to my birthday wooo hooo ..lol .. the postie has just dropped some cards off hehheeh ... my daffies are just starting to poke through in the front yard and I have the most gorgeous wee snowdrops in the back sooo spring is definitely around the corner .....
We have been busy at the new mouse house the DD's and I along with my MIL and  wonderful BIL who happens to be a decorator ... DH has been helping but his work schedule leaves very little time to do much ...  we have made tremendous progress and my wallet is much lighter with all the new paper's, paint and other niceties to go with the new mouse house ... we even have splashed out on a corner sofa .... and it will be hopefully made and in situ in about 9 weeks ...
Most of the walls have been scraped and some remedial work needs to be done along with sanding some of them and sizing them too ....but all in all for the age of the house I think we have got off lightly ...lol ....my BIL bless him has painted my craft room for me and up the basement stairs too and hopefully will do some of the ceilings for me as well ... and he said he would help with the papering too .... I have taught the girls how to sooo we should get things ship shape in no time paws crossed .... I have taken some progress photos for you as I know you all can't wait to see the room ..lol 
Stitching wise I have finished another ornie apart from the beads .... worked on Sally's RR (no photos of this though yet) and started another ornie ... this time "He's a flake " by LHN  .... sooo I am on a roll ... two finishes and two starts ....
I have also been naughty and bought some charts from the bay of evil ...lol a couple of LHN ones I haven't got and some lovely prim ones too ... unfortunately no photos of them either ... I know I know very remiss of me ...hehehehhe...
I have just made a fresh cuppa for you all while I go and sort the photos out before settling down to some stitching ... well I may as well, while I have some me time ...lol 
I was ere by Master Bentley ...


up the stairs wall paper nearly off

the master bedroom fully stripped :)

DD1's room getting there

hmmmm can tell what they were having when I am not there 

up into DD2's room


scene of destruction ..lol 

started 

so I will finish and even with the steps too small to reach the ceiling
wall paper on is what we are going to have now :)

down the stairs to the creative room 

colour before and colour after ...

squeee white walls (door has been stained since this was taken)



First coat applied :)

view from the kitchen window 

gorgeous snow drop :)

another finish :)


and another start :)
Soo my dears there you have it ....another update from this wee mouse .... 
I am hopefully going to be much better tomorrow as the family and I are going out for a birthday meal as DH is working on my actual day and I am going out on the day with my friends Chris, Wendy and Bev for a meal too (joint celebration with Chris as her birthday is the beginning of Jan sooo we spread it out for her ...lol ...
Hope every one has a wonderful stitchy week and I will squeak to you all soon ... take care one and all  :) love mouse xxxxx

39 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow.. . what a huge job you have in store, but I'm sure the results will be wonderful!

Sending you early birthday wishes. Your is easy to remember because you and my daughter share the same birthday.

Ellen said...

Wow.. . what a huge job you have in store, but I'm sure the results will be wonderful!

Sending you early birthday wishes. Your is easy to remember because you and my daughter share the same birthday.

Vickie said...

First of all, I hope you feel better real quick!
Happy Birthday dear Mouse!
Yay! Thank you so much for sharing your progress pictures. I shared them with my son. How very interesting and cool!
Have a super day tomorrow and the next!

Tricia T said...

Feel better! And Happy Birthday! And, WOW! What a lot of work you've gotten done on the house. It will be beautiful!! Your stitching is lovely, too. You get a lot done, my dear!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow those are serious renovations! Congrats on your little finish!

Jane said...

Great progress in the new Mouse House, hard work but it will be so worth it and everything will be as you want it x
Happy Birthday for Wednesday, have a wonderful day, put the paintbrushes down and enjoy some stitching and 2 meals out sounds great to me xxx

marly said...

A lot of work! But well worth it. I love that plank door!

Julie said...

Your new home is coming along lovely.
Hope you are soon feeling much better and can enjoy your birthday celebrations .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
xx

Shannon Meyer said...

You have done a lot a of work on your new place. We too live in an older home, and I know some of the issues with it, but the older homes have such character that they are worth it:)

butterfly said...

Your new home is looking great how exciting .

Have a lovely Birthday week, hope you are feeling much better .
Can't wait to see your craft room all fitted out with all your stitching goodies hugs.

Annette-California said...

Hope your feeling better soon. Happy Birthday mouse! Wow that's been one renovation that will be stunning when done. Thank you for sharing. love Annette

Linda said...

What a big project. Your photos are lovely.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I don't know about you--but you had me spinning around in circles--what a job you are doing on the new mouse-house!!
and Happy Birthday my dear--get well really soon--
love the stitcheries, too-
smiles, diandmissgracie

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Oh, so much work !!!
We also have an old house, something we do every year:-)
Páá

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh you have so much work to do, all those rooms at the same time. It will look wonderful when finished and soon you can relax again. Lovely stitching too. Hope you have a great birthday. Irene xxx

Linda said...

Loved all the photos of your new house. Pretty stitching as always.
Great view out of the window.

Linda

Frances said...

Your stitching is lovely!
It looks like you're doing a major renovation, but I'm sure it will be so pretty when all is finished--like having a new house!
Hope you feel better quickly!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Your mouse house is coming along nicely - can't wait to see it finished!! Your stitching is lovely. Happy Birthday - hope you feel much better soon!!

Gillie said...

So jealous of the bulbs. Everything coming together nicely. Hope you feel better soon.

Barbi said...

Oh My Gosh!!! You have such a huge job ahead of you! I would be under the covers with a pillow over my head to block it out! Love the new finish, and the new start! Hope you feel better soon.

Margaret said...

hope you are feeling better already! Not fun being sick. Love seeing the progress pics of your mouse house! So cool! And so much work too! Wow! Lovely stitches as well! Have fun celebrating your birthday! Happy birthday!!!

Ruth said...

Well, I'd be feeling poorly too if I was up against all those house doings! Wow. Good luck! I do note that there looks to be plenty of room for hanging stitchery--- always a good sign ;-)

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday!

Gosh you have been busy, I am sure it will all look super when it is finished!
Hope you feel better soon.

Mii Stitch said...

Get well soon, wouldn't want to be poorly for your birthday :)
Great amazing update on all the decorating... especially the crafty room :D

Carol said...

Daffodils in January!!?? How wonderful--we are buried under snow here, Mouse, and won't see any until late March or early April...

Loved seeing the photos of your craft room renovation--looks like a lot of work, but it will be well worth the effort.

Happy Birthday to you--hope you're feeling all better for the big day!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Ooohhh, lovely job on the house! It's looking so nice. You'll be moving in in no time :D Enjoy the beautiful flowers!

Beth said...

Michelle - You have been busy busy busy! So much work getting your new house to become your new home. I hope you feel better soon.

Christine said...

The disruption will be worth it, your house is going to look fabulous.
Great stitchy finish

Thoeria said...

What a LOT of really hard work going on there Ms Mouse!!! I've no doubt tho that it's going to look FABULOUS when it's all done :)

And a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! :)
Hope you have a fantastically superly gorgeous day!!

Karoline said...

Happy birthday Mouse, hope you are feeling better now.

Looking forward to seeing the Mouse House come together.

Michelle said...

Looks like you are very busy Mouse - Im dreading starting our kitchen and the extension

Barb said...

Hope you are doing much better!! You have such a big job but it will all look wonderful when you are finished. Spring is coming a bit too early here also. I'm afraid of a big old blast of arctic air ! all the plants will be in shock!

Maggee said...

Nine weeks and it will be done.. I can see that! Especially as the weather improves and spring arrives! Great post all in all! Happy belated birthday! I have one coming on the 8th...I missed Bentley this time!

rosey175 said...

A little late, but Happy Birthday and I hope you're feeling better now! Although all that wallpaper surely doesn't help haha. It's fun to watch the progress though. :D What are the balls in the fireplace though?! They are a mystery to me!

Kate said...

New Mouse House is coming together nicely. Great finishes.

Andrea said...

Hope you are feeling better. Lots of work on the house to do, looks all cosmetic though so we hope to see the fruits of your labour soon. :) Wonderful stitching.

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like you've all been very busy! LOVE your fireplace. It's a big job but will be worth it all in the end.

Meari said...

Thanks for sharing your remodel photos. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Hope you're feeling better.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Mouse, it is so fun to see your before pics of the new mouse house! I'm sure your wallpaper choices will be just lovely. Have a good week!